Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nathan Coming Home

I think going home from the hospital without Nathan was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I went back and visited him in the NICU everyday, but it wasn't the same. Needless to say I was very happy on the 12th when they told us we could finally bring him home! Isn't he cute with clothes on?




Nathan with daddy saying goodbye to the NICU.

The girls were VERY excited to have Nathan come home. The whole way home Maddy kept pointing to Nathan saying, "Baby car seat! Baby car seat!" Abby was excited to be a big girl and sit in back, but was disappointed that she didn't get a very good view of Nathan.


Abby and Maddy love their little brother, and it's all I can do to keep them from smothering him. Whenever he makes any sort of noise they run to me and yell, "Baby crying! Baby crying!"


He is SO cute when he sleeps. Since Nathan has been getting presents from so many people, I often find little "gifts" (stuffed animals, pacifiers, blankets, toys, and other treasures) from the girls that they keep putting in his crib.


Here he is sleeping on me. So precious!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

He is so cute! I am glad you were able to bring him home :)

Amanda/Mandy said...

Yeah!! I am glad he got to come home. It is also nice that you live in the town with the NICU so that you could see him every day. The pictures are fantastic. Congratulations again!

One mom said...

We are so happy to hear that he is home. I didn't realize that Nathan was still in the NICU. He is adorable. We can't wait to meet him in person. Are you having an open house? If so, let us know so we can come see you.

Ruth said...

what a darling boy. I'm so happy you have him home.

Astromom said...

Not even an oxygen tube, wonderful, so cute he looks a little like everyone fits, right in. Thanks for the pictures and sharing.

Nicole said...

He is a cutie! Part of the Collett family for sure! WE're glad he's home and hope you are feeling well! We're also glad he was as developed and big as he was! Kind of funny, this is exactly how my family was growing up, my sister and I bringing home my little brother:). We hope the girls love to help you!