Sunday, July 7, 2013

May 2013

SPRING TIME
The kids worked hard helping Jared get the garden ready for planting.  We are hoping for a good harvest.
Abby was really excited for field day, unfortunately we had very HOT weather (over 100).  Here she is pulling in a tug of war.
 
 I was happy that I was able to finish all of Abby's homeschool curriculum this year despite all of Thomas' hospitalizations.  We even finished with time to spare for a few fun projects.  Here is a poster she made about plants to display at Homelink's end of the year Student Showcase. 

MOTHER'S DAY
I had a nice Mother's day with Jared and the kids.  They helped Jared make a nice breakfast and made me lots of cute cards.  I am grateful for my wonderful mother, mother-in-law, and grandmothers who have taught me so much, and who are all such amazing examples to me.


JARED'S BIRTHDAY
We had a nice dinner of quinoa and black beans, and fresh pineapple for Jared's birthday.
Thirty-three and he still has most of his hair!
Jared with his four sweet kids.
Thomas gave Jared lots of sweet baby cuddles.


THOMAS GETTING STRONGER


We have been working on helping Thomas get stronger this month.  Here he is practicing sitting in his Bumbo seat.

He gets really worn out after his exercises.

Thomas' heart is finally strong enough that he can do tummy time.  



He has learned how to roll over and squirm in order to move around.  We have had a difficult time keeping him on his wedge.  I'll hear him crying and see that he has somehow broken out of his wedge and squirmed his way to the bottom of his crib.

BUILDING
Nathan loves to help Jared with his woodworking.  He was really excited when daddy got him his own big boy tape measure.
Here is the beautiful table and bench (both unfinished) that Jared built for one of his co-workers.

DADDY COMES HOME!

At the end of this month Jared went to DC for a week and was sorely missed by all of us.  He of course brought home gifts for all the kids.  Thomas got a cute little stuffed elephant.

 He thinks his elephant is very yummy!

Madeline got a puzzle of Monet's painting of the Japanese Footbridge from the National Gallery.
Nathan was very excited about the toy space Shuttle from the Air and Space Museum.  He told me, "This is exactly what I was hoping Daddy would get me!"
Abigail was excited to get a fancy bookmark from the Library of Congress with a quote from Thomas Jefferson, "I cannot live without books."

1 comment:

Astromom said...

I love these sweet pictures, I love Thomas's sweet smiles and we love having these darling children here.