She loved her new books and clothes from Grandma D and her American Girl Caroline doll and book set from Mom & Dad.
For her birthday party this year she decided to have a Dolly and Me party. Her friends brought their favorite doll or stuffed animal. Here they are at the doll table.
Abby with her doll Megan.
The girls and their dolls. They had fun playing hide and seek and other party games with their dolls.
Opening presents.
Abby with her cake.
Making a wish as she blows out her candle.
Eating angel food cake with friends. It was a real hit and almost everyone asked for seconds.
Here is Abby smiling after losing 2 teeth in one day. She was excited about the extra Tooth Fairy money.
ABBY'S FAVORITE THINGS
Reading! We have a hard time keeping her nose out of a book. She really enjoys the American Girl and Magic Tree House books. She also enjoyed reading Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. At night she loves listening to Jared read The Chronicles of Narnia. She just started reading the Book of Mormon and has a goal to finish reading it before she gets baptized next year.
Learning: She loves learning history and about the world around her. Her favorite class at Homelink is American Girl. She enjoys playing the piano and even practices more than we ask her too. She is currently learning "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid, which she loves to play all the time.
Playing: She enjoys swinging, riding her bike, going to the park, and swimming. Abby likes playing with her My Little Ponies and dolls, and pretending to be kitty cats with Maddy. She loves to draw pictures, listen to Classical music, look at the stars, and chase the quail in the backyard.
Food: Abby's favorite food is still strawberries and whipped cream on German oven pancakes. Abby hates to eat meat.
OUR ABBY
When I asked Abby what she would like to do when she grows up she told me, "I'd like to jump up really high in the sky. Yes, I'd like to fly. That would be great." So I guess our little girl who asked for a real magic wand and a real flying unicorn for Christmas hasn't grown up so much that she has stopped believing in magic, and I'm just fine with that. In other ways Abby has grown up a lot this past year. She was especially helpful after Thomas was born. She started getting breakfast in the morning for Maddy and Nathan, turning off Thomas' feeding pump when it is done, getting diapers and wipes, bringing me the phone, etc. She also has been more responsible about cleaning up, taking over her dishes, and practicing the piano on her own. Tonight she even asked if she could help me do the dishes. She still is Miss Enthusiasm and she still gets super excited about every holiday. We love her and feel very blessed to have her as part of our family.
4 comments:
I can't believe how big she has gotten! So cute :)
I love the doll party. Such a cute idea. Abby is becoming such a lovely girl! Thanks for the update!
You and Jared are raising an amazing girl. I'm glad she had a wonderful birthday!
When did she grow up? Abby is so tall and is turning into a little lady. I hope she had a fun birthday.
Post a Comment