Monday, April 2, 2012

March 2012 Update

Abby was very excited about her Kindergarten assignment to build a leprechaun trap. I put Jared in charge of helping her and they had fun working on it together. Of course Nathan and Maddy had to help too.

In Abby's class a "naughty leprechaun" came in while she was at the computer lab and made a mess. Abby must of thought that was a great idea because while Nathan and I were napping she and Maddy decided to be naughty leprechauns and make a HUGE mess--dumping out all the toys, taking all the blankets off their beds, etc. Needless to say I'm not so happy with some of the lessons she is learning at school.

Here are the kids all out "helping" Jared dig a hole so he can pour some cement for our shed.


Nathan feels it is his job to help dad outside. He let me know that he "worked hard."



Abby before running the 1 mile leprechaun dash with her dad.


Nathan and Maddy had fun cheering her on. Maddy kept saying, "Go Abby! You can do it!"

Abby with her green ribbon for finishing her race. We were really proud of her running the whole way. It took her about 14 min. start to finish.


Abby with her finished leprechaun trap. She filled the box with chocolate gold coins and shiny things to attract the leprechaun. When the leprechaun climbed down the rope (attached to the lid) to get the gold, the lid would shut and he would be trapped.

We had a St. Patrick's day party at our house with some friends in the ward. We had a green food potluck followed by a treasure hunt for the kids where they found a pot of chocolate gold coins at the end. Afterwards we put on CARS 2 for the kids while the adults played some games.

Our green potluck.

The Amundsons

Abby, Brittny, and Serenity


At the end of March we took a last minute trip to Boise to see Jared's brother Eric get ordained as a bishop. We are sure he will do a great job. Here is Jared lending his support.

The Collett family
Amy's parents came up from Utah to be there as well.

Unfortunately I picked up the flu in Boise, so I spent the last week of March in bed. Luckily everyone else in the family got flu shots so at least I was the only one infected. I guess I've learned my lesson.

2 comments:

Rachel Leslie said...

I can't picture a cuter girl running on St. Patrick's day than Abby. It looks like a super fun party, wish we lived closer so we could have crashed it!

Ruth said...

I love the trap - "gold vault, keep out, don't climb ladder" - so fun! It just makes me want it more.

So sorry you are sick!

adorable kiddos.