Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 2011 Update

JARED
Jared was excited to go to Boise to celebrate his 31st birthday with his family. His mom made this German chocolate cake for both our birthdays since mine was last month. The cake was delicious, but probably the biggest treat was going to see the musical Wicked with his family.


Jared has been hard at work this month working on our yard and garden.


He had a lot of transplanting and planting to do which was difficult because we have such hard, rocky soil. He had a big maple tree to move but it was so big that he had trouble lifting it up out of the ground. He managed to break a shovel in his attempt to do so. He drove his little car in the backyard to get a little extra power but the straps on the tree striped the bark and we lost the tree. So now we have a nice new cherry tree in its place.



The kids liked trying out the early start covers for the raised garden beds. Our little child plants seem to be turning out pretty well don't you think?



Our goal was to get our garden in by the end of the month, and on the 28th we finally got everything planted. We are hoping for a big harvest this fall.



In addition to gardening, Jared has been busy this month with work and Elder's Quorum, and on Memorial day Jared left for a week long PA conference in Las Vegas.




MARY

For my birthday my sister-in-law Amy made this nice flower arrangement for our bedroom.



For our birthdays Jared's family gave us this beautiful temple picture that looks great in our living room.


His brother Craig did a beautiful job framing it. We love having it in our home to serve as a reminder of our temple marriage.



I had a nice Mother's day with my sweet kids. Our neighbor brought over these fun cookie lollipops for me.


The girls were very thoughtful--giving me over 15 Mother's day cards that they have been working on for weeks. I am very happy to be the mom of three wonderful kids.

ABBY

Here are Abby and the kids playing with Play-doh with Margaux. They are really going to miss her when she starts her pre-school next month.



Abby having fun with her new hula hoop. She is happy the weather is warming up and she can play outside again. The other day she told me that the grass was getting too long and that daddy needed to get out the "mow lawner."



Abby Tinkerbell and her Tinkerbell fairy flying around the house. Abby came up to me the other day and said, "Mom I'm into Tinkerbell, Strawberry Shortcake, and My Little Pony. That's all!"


Her collection of dolls follow her into whatever room of the house she is in because she is worried her dolls will miss out on something. I often find her talking to her dolls and telling them things. The other day she took her my little pony on our Costco trip, but I made her leave it in the car so it wouldn't get lost. When we got back in I heard her telling the pony all about all the delicious snacks she just had.



In addition to playing with dolls and ponies, Abby has been busy reading and learning the piano. She just started reading the real Book of Mormon and is doing a great job. We love our smart, imaginative little girl.



MADDY

Maddy is also loving the warm weather. It finally was warm enough we were able to enjoy a picnic in the park. When we were in Boise she saw her first convertible. She said to me, "Mommy. That car has no topping!"



We went to the opening day of a new splash park near our home. Maddy really wanted a picture posing with the bunny.


Maddy still loves purple, but she has recently gotten into Blueberry Muffin (Strawberry Shortcake's friend). She gets angry if I call her Maddy, she says "No! My name is Blueberry Muffin." Despite what she says she will always be our sweet little Maddy bear.





NATHAN

Here's our little guy getting ready to slide. He is happiest outside and will entertain himself for hours making his way around our backyard.



He also loves to be daddy's little helper. If Jared scoops up a pile of dirt, then Nathan does it too. If Jared picks up a rock, so does Nathan. When he wakes up from his nap everyday he points out the window and says "Dad! Rrrrum! Rrrrum!" (meaning I want to go outside with dad and work and use loud machines).


Nathan is normally a very well behaved kid, but he wore himself out making this mess. I decided that under Nathan's crib was not a good place to store our extra TP and paper towels.


Every night after dinner Jared vacuums the dining room and living room for me. Nathan now thinks that vacuums are cool "man machines"so he gets very upset if he doesn't have his own vacuum to help Daddy.


Every Sunday Nathan gets upset if he doesn't have a tie to match his Daddy's. Here he is trying on one of Daddy's ties.



In addition to playing outside and imitating his daddy, Nathan is starting to talk and sign more. He loves signing time and his favorite phrase to sign is, "More cookie please." We love our sweet little man.

3 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Great update! I can't believe how big your kids are getting :)

Ruth said...

Wow, may I please have your garden? That is awesome. The kids are also quite adorable and you are doing a great job of protecting your little seedlings. I love your updates. Jared looks like he is busy being a great husband as always, and you beautiful as ever. You'd never think you have three kids. I really enjoy your updates. Thanks.

Astromom said...

Wow your home looks beautiful, the garden so neat and tidy, I've been dying for raised garden beds. The closest I have come is I got little raised garden's 2x2' for each of the kids so they can take some ownership. I love the large tarp keeping out the weeds what a good idea. Happy birthday to you and Jared the kids are sweet as ever and wish I could hug them and have them close, at least we had a nice visit with you last time you were here.