Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day and other May pictures

On Saturday morning Jared decided that we should go down to Boise to see one of his good friends who had just gotten married. I told the girls that we had to hurry and pack so that we could go. Five minutes later Abby shows me this pile and proudly announces, "Mom, I'm all packed!"

Abby was sweet and made me a little mother's day cake out of play dough.

After finishing up some mending, I came out of my room to find that the girls playing Peter Pan. Abby was Tinkerbell and Maddy was playing Captain Hook and trying to lock Abby up.

Here I am with my kids on Mother's day morning. Jared and the girls got up early and made me pancakes. The girls are sitting on my mother's day present, which was a step stool for my kitchen. It was very nice, although the highlight of my day was Abby singing with the Primary in sacrament meeting for the first time. She was very excited about the performance and had spent the night before practicing mother's day songs in her bed at the top of her lungs. Every Mother's day I am reminded of what a blessing it is to be a mom of such sweet children.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

What a beautiful family. I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day.

Rachel Leslie said...

Mary, I keep thinking you love me so much you've included pictures of me holding your adorable children on your blog. What's with having the same build, same length and color of hair, and almost the same facial features? How embarassing! :)

One mom said...

It was so much fun seeing you guys these last two weekends. So, are you going to come down this weekend? Courtney really loved playing with her cousins.

Jared said...

Jessica--I wish we could go to Boise every weekend. I loved watching the girls have so much fun with their cousins.

Rachel--I think Mary does look a lot more like you when she grows her hair longer.

Nicole said...

You guys look like you're doing great. Thanks for the pictures. I bet Elle would love playing with the girls, she loves dressing up and Elle and Hyrum often play Peter pan!!! ITs funny to think all the cousins have other cousins. Wish we were closer and hope we can all get together soon!!!

Astromom said...

What a wonderful Mother's day, the primary singing is hilarious and know what, I am right there with you, it was sweet this year, all three of my kids were up there.