Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's a boy! and other good news

So we got an ultrasound on Tuesday and were very happy to find out that we are expecting a baby boy! Mary thinks it will be fun to have a boy and is happy she won't have to repaint the baby's room. Jared is happy to have a boy to do erector sets and legos with. He loves his girls but I think he is getting a little tired of princess dress up. Maddy is happy because she loves all babies. Abby unfortunately was very upset. When the ultrasound tech told us it was a boy she yelled "No! It's just Audrey!" (the girl name we had picked out). She had her heart set on a little sister with a pink ribbon in her hair. Unfortunately most of the boys she knows are not very nice--they tend to hit her in Nursery. We are sure she will love her little brother once she gets used to the idea. Here are some of the pictures from our visit.







Isn't he cute!

Our other good news is that Abby went up to Spokane for her VCUG and we are happy to report that she has outgrown her urinary reflux. Yeah! Also Jared is happy to report that he will be transferring over to Kadlec's neurosurgery department in the next few months. They are offering him a much better life (hours and schedule, not to mention nicer surgeons) and he is jumping at it.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

He is already so cute! I can't wait to meet him. I am also very happy things are going so well.

One mom said...

I can't believe that he is so big already. It seems like this pregnancy is flying by (but then again, we were just informed and were not the one needing to throw up). Since Audry is ruled out, do you have any names in mind?

Courtney Ekman said...

Congratulations! How exciting! We love your family, so we are sure we will love this new addition as well!

And, like The Collett Famly response above, I am excited to find out the name soon.....

p.s I hope you guys can make a trip over to Seattle this summer while I am home! We will totally treat you to a boat ride on my parent's boat. : )

Jared said...

Hmm. . . names . . . I'm thinking perhaps Nathan Thomas or Nathan Livingston

Nicole said...

Congratulations again! We are so excited for you and love hearing all the news! Elle will also be sad if we have another boy first:). Good luck to Jared. Hope you are enjoying grandparents!

Astromom said...

Very happy to hear about Jared's new job, I hope before the baby comes. You are so ambitious I am very proud of you.